PERMATEC 1000 is a 100% solids epoxy mortar mix, designed as a patching or flooring compound.
The PERMATEC 1000 system consists of three components: Resin, Hardener and Blended aggregates.
PERMATEC 1000 is an excellent flooring and patching material in areas with heavy traffic, such as forklifts and steel wheeled carts. PERMATEC 1000 is also an excellent cove base and sloping material.
- Warehouse floors
- Food Processing Plants
- Heavy Traffic Areas
PERMATEC 1000 is a 100% solids system which exhibits virtually no shrinkage while maintaining superior impact and abrasion resistance.
The physical properties of PERMATEC 1000 are 2-3 times that of standard Portland cement concrete.
Other Features Include:
- Easy to apply
- Virtually odor free
- Non-skid safety finish (optional)
- Rapid cure resulting in minimal “downtime”
Packaging & Coverage
The PERMATEC 1000 system is packaged in 5, 22, 110 and 1100 square foot units. Each unit consists of, Part A (Resin), Part B (Hardener and a specially blended aggregate mix.
|Solids, by volume||100%|
|Compressive Strength ASTM C579||9,500 psi|
|Flexural Strength ASTM D790||5,500 psi|
|Tensile Strength ASTM D307||3,000 psi|
|Pot life (150 grms @70°F)||30-40 min|
|Light Traffic||12-24 hrs|
|Heavy Traffic||48 hrs|
Storage & Shelf Life
PERMATEC 1000 should be stored at 50-90°F out of direct sunlight. All containers should remain unopened until ready for use. If stored as set out above PERMATEC 1000 has a minimum shelf life of one year.
Where PERMATEC 1000 Should Not Be Installed
PERMATEC 1000 should not be applied over substrates:
- subject to immersion in aggressive aggressive chemicals
- subject to hydrostatic pressure
- which are unsound
- which are contaminated and cannot be cleaned
- which are wet during application
PERMATEC 1000 contains blended Epoxies as the resin and blended Amines as the hardener. Protective clothing and gloves are recommended to prevent sensitization to these materials. In case of ingestion or eye contact, contact a physician immediately. MSDS are available for this product upon request.
Mixing & Application
For 5 and 22.5 sq ft kits
- Clean the surface making sure that the substrate on which the product is to be applied is clean, sound and free of laitance, dirt, dust, oil, grease, or foreign contaminants. Mechanical roughening of the substrate or acid etching is recommended to promote a tenacious bond. If necessary, prime the surface with a suitable primer.
- Store productbetween 65-85°F and out of direct sunlight. Make certain that the floor temperature and the air temperature are within the recommended ranges (65-95°F) before applying the product.
- Mix part A and part B together with a Jiffler type mixer on a low speed drill being sure to scrape the side and bottom of the container. Continue mixing for another two minutes to insure a homogenous mix.
- Mix in the aggregate that is supplied with the kit until it is completely ‘wetted out’.
- Apply the mixed mortar material at that the recommended thickness using a hand trowel.
- Allow sufficient time for the material to cure.
- If you are topcoating PERMATEC 1000, do so within 24 hours to ensure good intercoat adhesion. Before topcoating, check the base coat for contamination. Clean or prepare the base coat if necessary before applying a top coat.
- Provide for routine maintenance of your floor to assure years of performance.